Friday, February 16, 2007

Quotations on love - part 3

“Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” ~ Barbara De Angelis, PhD

“If we discovered that we had only five minutes left to say all that we wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to stammer that they loved them.” ~ Christopher Morley

"Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand." ~ Mother Teresa

“I know for sure that in the final analysis of our lives – when the to-do lists are no more, when the frenzy is finished, when our e-mail boxes are empty – the only thing that will have any lasting value is whether we’ve loved others and whether they’ve loved us. “ ~ Oprah Winfrey

“To be loved, be lovable.” ~ Ovid

“You are loved, beyond your own imagining. You may not feel it, or know it or even believe it, but the truth remains that you are loved. You are a beloved child of a loving universe. There is nothing you can do that would make that love go away, for it is your birthright.” ~ Judith Wright

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just discovered this blog and I like it a lot. I had a very stressful experience that started 2 years ago and lasted for several months, making me feel quite depressed. I am a fighter though, and after 3 months of counselling (a fantastic experience), I decided to learn how to deal with my problems by myself. The last year has been a wonderful journey as I've learnt about positive thinking, Buddhism, yoga, compassion and love. My relationships with family and friends are better than ever and my self-esteem is good. However, I sometimes struggle, and when my new girlfriend decided on Tuesday that she didn't want to continue our relationship, I felt very hurt and upset. So here I am, dealing with it, reading your blog, and slowly feeling better about myself again. Because I know that I am a terrific guy and one day someone else will love me. But right now, it hurts.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Jackie Fletcher said...

Hi. Thanks for your posting.

Congratulations on taking such a journey this past year or so and learning so much about yourself, and for dealing with your current situation. Accept your feelings of hurt - they are with you, not who you are - and keep reminding yourself you are indeed a terrific guy, and that you are open to attracting a new, loving relationship into your life.

Warmest wishes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home